Forecast looks good for Mardi Gras day in New Orleans

The forecast is looking good next week for Lundi Gras and Mardi Gras in New Orleans. As of Friday morning (March 1), the National Weather Service is predicting sunny days with no rain. (File photo by David Grunfeld, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune)

The forecast is looking good next week for Lundi Gras and Mardi Gras in New Orleans. As of Friday morning (March 1), the National Weather Service is predicting sunny days with no rain. (File photo by David Grunfeld, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune)

The forecast is looking good next week for Lundi Gras and Mardi Gras in New Orleans. As of Friday morning (March 1), the National Weather Service is predicting sunny days with no rain.

Lundi Gras is expected to be mostly sunny with a high near 54. At night, it’s expected to be partly cloudy with a low of 41.

Mardi Gras day in New Orleans is expected to be sunny with a high of 52. At night, it should be clear with a low of 40.

But, this weekend doesn’t look as parade-friendly. Saturday should be fine with only a 20 percent chance of rain. Sunday looks like a potentially wet day with a 80 percent chance of rain, according to forecasters.

Here’s the full forecast from the National Weather Service:

Friday (Hermes, d’Etat, Morpheus): A 60 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 76. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms. At night, a 20 percent chance of rain before 9 p.m. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 64.

Saturday (Endymion, Iris, Tucks): A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 76. At night, a 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 67.

Sunday (Bacchus, Thoth, Okeanos, Mid-City): 80 percent chance of rain. High near 79. At night, showers likely, mainly before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 44.

Lundi Gras (Orpheus): Mostly sunny, with a high near 54. At night, partly cloudy, with a low around 41.

Mardi Gras (Rex, Zulu): Sunny, with a high near 52. At night, clear, with a low around 40.

Ash Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 55. At night, mostly clear, with a low around 47.

See the full forecast from the National Weather Service.

Carlie Kollath Wells is a morning reporter at NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune. Have an early-bird tip? Send it to her: cwells@nola.com or Twitter @carlie_kollath.